Experience Harbor House!
We offer many ways for you, your group, or your business to get involved with all we do here at Harbor House. Our participants and families we serve love to meet new faces and greatly appreciate all the work our staff and volunteers put into making their lives better and more successful.
Programming (Work directly with our participants)
- Instructional volunteers or helpers for activities with participants like fitness, budgeting, safety, cooking, and arts and crafts
- Artists, Art Educators, Gardeners, Cooks, and Musicians
- Special Education Teachers, Music Therapy Teachers/Students, Social Work, Computer Instructors
Ambassador (A way to help when you do not have much time)
- Invite guests (friends, co-workers, family) for a tour of Harbor House
- Spread the word about our events and fundraisers by “Liking” and “Sharing” our Facebook posts and forwarding our emails to those not on our list
Administrative / Building Maintenance
- Filing and Data Entry
- Help with our gardens, landscaping, and building up keep
- Assisting with specific jobs including folding, inserting, and tabbing
- Ken-Ducky Derby and other events leading up to the duck race – selling duck adoptions, working booths, data entry
- Form a duck adoption team to sell online or at an event of your choosing
- Fundraising Events – set-up, clean-up, check-in, captain a table, and greet guests
- Holiday, Appreciation, and Participant Parties
- Monthly Landscaping Days, MLK Jr. Day of Service, Taste of Louisville, KY State Fair, Parades
We would love to work with your company on a customized corporate volunteer event of any size or activity.
- Landscaping/Outdoor Area Cleanup
- Host a Field Day
- Create walking trail around property