Development Team Internship/Ambassadorship:
Harbor House of Louisville seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing, communication, social media, and all other development team efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-known, community-based, non-profit organization.
We are hiring for a Cleaning Associate to join our Home Sweet Home team. This is a full-time position,
Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm.
Our Home Sweet Home program is designed to nurture intergenerational relationships by employing
and training individuals with disabilities to provide in-home services to seniors and others physically
unable to perform activities, such as light housekeeping, laundry, or grocery shopping. Home Sweet
Home offers seniors desiring to remain in their homes a regular helping hand with the added benefit of
fostering a friendship with a well-trained individual with disabilities.
The Cleaning Associate is not responsible for participants that are employed by Home Sweet Home, you
will work alongside them as well as a Supportive Employment Cleaning Associate.
- Must have reliable transportations.
- Must be dependable and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to pass a drug test, TB test, and background check.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Able to clean homes and businesses daily.
If you are interested in a job where you can make a big difference in the lives of those we serve, let’s
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Harbor House of Louisville’s mission is to empower individuals with disabilities and their families to lead
fulfilled and productive lives. We are an adult day program that is open Monday – Friday.
We are looking for a full-time DSP (Direct Support Professional) that has a passion for helping others and
willingness to be a team player.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide supervision of participants in all areas of the agency such as the patio and assigned community rooms.
- Assist in providing regularly scheduled activities in a non-residential setting that are designed to foster the acquisition of skills, build positive social behaviors and interpersonal competence.
- Offer identified opportunities that enable the participants to develop the ability to communicate effectively with others, such as supervisors, co-workers, customers, family and friends.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check and TB test.
- Must have reliable transportation and able to report to work as scheduled.
We need someone that has experience working with individuals with disabilities and understands the
different waivers that are participants have.
Harbor House of Louisville’s mission is to empower individuals with disabilities and their families to lead fulfilled and productive lives. The Van Driver is responsible for setting up and following routes for those individuals receiving services from Harbor House and/or need non-emergency medical transportation. The Van Driver will identify needed vehicle maintenance, complete weekly, and daily checklist, maintain required documentation, keep updated on all Department of Transportation regulations. The Van Driver will report to the Operations Director.
- Supervise and oversee transportation routes.
- Complete weekly and daily checklist.
- Promotes Harbor House mission, values and goals.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Director and CEO.
- High School Diploma
- Be twenty-five (25) years of age or older.
- Have no more than two (2) convictions for moving violations in last three (3) years.
- Completed Drug and Alcohol Training.
- Has acceptable background check with no convictions of a felony
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals with developmental disabilities and their parents/guardians.
- Has valid driver’s license.
- Has auto insurance that is currently in force.
- Be available and willing to work split-shift