Welcome to Harbor House
Harbor House Vision and Mission: "Empowering individuals with Disabilities and their Families to Lead Fulfilled and Productive Lives."
Harbor House is committed to providing the highest quality of care for adults with developmental and physical disabilities in a warm and supportive environment through compassion, respect and collaboration, which are reflected in:
The programs we provide and the dedication of our direct care professionals.
Our person-centered approach, accepting family environment and concern for the individual participant’s well being.
Our awareness of the dignity, uniqueness and gifts of participants, their interdependence, and their potential for growth.
Appreciation Awards & Holiday Celebration
Friday, December 12, marked the annual Harbor House Holiday Program and Awards Ceremony. This year’s theme, Winter Wonderland, was met with great holiday cheer by all. Harbor House also recognized the many wonderful community partners, volunteers and staff who went above and beyond in 2014 in support of the Harbor House mission.
This year’s list of honorees included:
Lighthouse Keeper Award – The Gheens Foundation, Inc.
Connie and Lily Spirit Award of Giving – Mary B.
Family of the Year – Betty Farrar
Community Employer of the Year – Joe’s Crab Shack
Mail Customer of the Year – Catholic Charities
Volunteer of the Year – Art Schneider
Employee of the Year Award – Patricia Ash
Employee Service Awards – Beth Poole (15 years), Patricia Ash (10 years), Diane Hunter (10 years)
Ken-Ducky Derby Spirit Award – Tri-Arrows Aluminum Company, C.I.Agent Solutions, Merrill-Lynch Wealth Management and Rick Farrar
Do you Go Krogering? You can help Harbor House with your Plus Card!
Harbor House of Louisville has been selected as one of the charities of choice to receive funding from Kroger through the Kroger Plus Card charity program. We are asking everyone to register their Kroger Plus Card through the link provided below. After registering your Plus Card, every time you shop at Kroger you are supporting Harbor House as we continue to grow our participant programs and services!
It's simple -- just follow the directions provided below to start raising funds for Harbor House today!
- Go online to register at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card for Harbor House after you sign up
- (If you do not have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any area Kroger location)
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Click on SIGN UP TODAY in the “New Customer” box
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number
- Update or confirm your information
- You select Harbor House and click on confirm
- You will see Harbor House on the right side of your information page